Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Day of Work

I cannot explain the odd, odd feeling to leave the house in the morning - all dressed and made up -and go to work where I have an actual office waiting for me. I explained to a friend that it felt like I was missing something most of the day - with the boys at home/school and me elsewhere. Especially during pick up time where I had a panicked feeling that I had to dash to da Vinci and realized that I did not have to - I had to keep reminding myself. Luckily, Amanda was wonderful at sending me texts at what was going on at home - mostly Tim sleeping :) They both had a fun day with her. The hardest part of the day is the prep - knowing that I won;t be at home to take care of anything that may have been missed in the morning. So....the night before - clothes are laid out, bottles are put in the fridge and I make sure everything is set to make sure the day goes smoothly while I am away. I absolutely loved my first day and look forward to tomorrow. I anticipate that the transition from stay at home to working Mom will be difficult at times but I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity t work at a place like Greenhill where my beloved boys can join me one day. I felt a great sense of pride as I drive away in the morning that I am doing this with them always in mind. It made coming home that much sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment