Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Sensitive Soul

Bobby's teacher describes him as a sensitive soul and I agree. At the Arboretum, he wanted to go sit by himself on a hill overlooking the lake because he didn't want the lake to be alone. Yesterday and today, he has been asking constant questions about where the meat we eat comes from. I have tried to be honest about the whole process on a sensitive 5-year-old level but it has been tough - he said today that he may want to be like "one of the dinosaurs that doesn't eat meat" :) I'm not too worried - he likes hamburgers too much!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I love Bobby! And hey - there is nothing wrong with being a vegetarian! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I second that! One of my many favorite characteristics that I adore about him. Ava is so much the same way - and at first I thought she was a little mother hen... "nurturing... comforting" others - but then I realized, that she is also one that is "sensitive" to people around her. Hugging the smaller siblings at playdates that some how get shuffled in the mix... holding onto her last bingo piece in her hand until someone else wins first...

    We're soo lucky ;) xo

    ReplyDelete