Thursday, November 11, 2010

Glasses and Growing

Yesterday Bobby had a rite of passage of some sort - his first pair of glasses. Last week, Rob and I began to notice that Bobby's left eye was starting to cross when he would try to focus on things. Not wanting to let it linger on, I -with Rob's help -set forth to find and make an appointment with a good pediatric opthamologist. After some persistency, we were finally able to got an appointment yesterday - a cancellation and his last appointment before leaving for a month. Whew! Long story short - Bobby now has glasses for at least 6 weeks and then hopefully this condition will be getting better. Will keep you posted! Until then - we are getting used to his new look that I think he pulls off very well! His first day at school with glasses went really well - lots of compliments and he proudly showed off his "Iron Man" glasses. Glasses have always seemed to be something that children dread. I was not upset when I got mine - I thought they were cool and seems to feel that way too. Like I told him - many a super hero has glasses. He shows me that it really is all about your attitude about things that makes them good or bad.

Tim gets bigger and bigger every time I look at him. He is so long now that his feet are dangling slightly off his cradle swing. I will post some pictures tomorrow. The days seem to go by so much more quickly with him than with Bobby - probably because things are busier now keeping up with big brother. I am trying to enjoy every second with his sweet smile and kissable cheeks.

Good night and sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. He really is a super hero - which really is defined first by their attitude about things. Can't wait to see them!

    And tell Tim to stop growing so fast - I still haven't had a chance to hold him!

    ReplyDelete