Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reading, Writing and Tebbpdeits

I decided long ago that Bobby is too smart for Rob and I's own good. He does not just accepts things that are said to him without asking numerous questions to really understand why things are the way they are - it is a quality that I love about him. I am working with him on his reading. We went through some of his word flash cards and he did fine but then got bored and decided that he was going to teach me some words. So....he starts writing different combinations of letters and then asks me to read them. After I read them - kind of - he quizzes me as to what they mean. Any idea what Sfteft means? Me either. We also worked on telling time. I never realized how hard it is to explain telling time until I started teaching Bobby. If the longer hand is pointing to the 3 and the small hand is pointing in between the 2 and the 3 - the time is 2:15...huh? He seemed to get it but after awhile - looked up at me and said that this just didn't make much sense because if the long hand was pointing to the 3 - why was it not just 2:03 instead of 2:15? I tried to explain it in which he just looked at me, shook his head and said that he was ready to move on to something else :)

Bobby was a huge help to me today. After we discovered that his camp was canceled (we go to another location tomorrow) - we spent the day running an errand to Target (where he used his allowance to get a Bakugan) and then came home to clean the garage, hall closet and organize his room and the playroom. He does like to help and also would interrupt me because "it looked like I needed a break."

No comments:

Post a Comment